Meet The Retailer
- Can you tell us your name (names of employees and retailer name)?
- Zoar Horse & Country Centre
Staff: David Griffiths, Hywel Griffiths, Emma Roderick, Carol Hall, Jess Hale, Robyn Tucker.
- When was your particular retail outlet established? Is there anything of interest to note? Maybe a historical aspect to your shop?
- The business was established by the late William John Jones after the Second World War and has been family run since the beginning.
- After his death in 1987, his three children, Christine, Martin and Leighton expanded the agricultural store to include equestrian products alongside feed.
- We supply the agricultural community with animal feed and supplies and in recent years have grown to be a Horse & Country Centre, stocking everything for the horse and rider. There is also a dedicated pet superstore and garden centre on site with one of the largest selections of Yankee Candles in South Wales.
- The business currently employs 38 staff, offering specialist advice such as hat and body protector fitting, and are also members of BETA. As an AMTRA registered business, qualified staff are on site to help and advise on an individual preventative-worming program for you horse.
- If applicable, what was the name of your very first horse and what breed were they?
- A Welsh pony called Toby.
- What is your top tip for horse care? Maybe you have two?
- Know what makes your horse tick! Always be aware of his welfare, monitor his weight and condition regularly. The healthier your horse is the more fun you can have together!
- What is your absolute favourite Bridleway product and why?
- We love the Buckingham Flash Bridles. They look very smart and the quality on them is excellent.
- What is your favourite Bridleway?
- The Gower Peninsula is a maze of bridleways. Fabulous views, plenty of places to canter and a sea breeze!